ToP Environmental Scanning Approaches
About This Course
Every meeting typically has at least one ineffective presentation with too much material to digest. The tools of this course will help make these previously viewed “boring data dumps” participatory and rich. And, when you are solving more complex problems, teams need to quickly assess the history, issues and potential trends likely to affect the plan or problem. “Environmental” scanning is just another term to ensure you get the best possible solution or outcome to a situation that needs careful external and internal analyses. Learn simple and powerful tools to quickly tap into customer and world data. Ensure your groups are making decisions based on all relevant information. Ban “data dumps” forever from your meetings!
This course specializes in helping facilitators and team leaders get their groups on the same page to begin their work. Learn and practice 10 different ways (ranging in length from from 10 to 90 minutes) to lead a brilliant assessment with your groups, including knowing which tool fits which situation.
- Increase productivity, saving time and money
- Document organizational, community or team history to ensure the past is affirmed and the future is created
- Anticipate and plan for future business, community and global trends
- Quickly and easily study industry and customer materials and reports and pull out key factors to consider
- Establish foundation of knowledge to use in preparing any project or strategic plan
Some of the Approaches Taught this course:
- Short Trends Conversation
- Extended Current Situation/Trends Conversation
- Cooperative Study of Quantitative Data
- The Wave Metaphor assessing current, emerging and passing trends – 4 and 5 levels
- Strategic Juncture Analysis
- The Wall of Wonder: A Historical Perspective that informs the future
- The Social Process Triangles – Comprehensive Screen to assess THE most important change needed
ToP Facilitation Methods being offered June 20-21, 2018, December 5-6, 2018 (Beaverton, OR)
Pricing & Cancellation Policy
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations more than 10 days before the course start date will be refunded all but $150 of the registration fee. Cancellations 10 days or less before the course start date (including no-shows) will receive no refund.
TRANSFER POLICY: To transfer to another course date and/or location, an additional fee of $150 will apply. Transfers and attendance must occur within 1 calendar year of the original course registration, and can be transferred no more than 2 times. If there is no attendance within 1 year or a transfer exceeds 2 times, the registration fee will be forfeited.
Looking for dates and locations? Click Here