Facilitator Mentoring will help you assess what your current facilitator competencies are and help you take the journey to becoming more confident, present and skilled at working with groups.
This program is beneficial for:
- Anyone facilitating in their organization and who want to deepen their understanding of how to work with almost any situation
- Students and organizational development (OD) consultants who understand the concepts of OD but are still not completely confident in their ability to use facilitation skills
- Leaders who want to take a more facilitative approach with their peers and direct reports
- Professional Facilitators, internal or external, who have a complex event to design and co-facilitate, including multi-lingual, cultural sensitivities, multiple stakeholders, etc.
- Others who are regularly called on to facilitate groups but sense they may be lacking certain tools or methods, or simply want to become more present with the group
- Facilitators ready to make the next step of certification
Mentoring guides you with...
Skill Building - One of our associates will work with you to assess your current facilitator competencies and help you take the journey to becoming more confident, present and skillful in working with any group or situation
Complex Events - We can help you create an effective agenda when complex conditions may include large groups, multiple languages, cultural sensitivities, multiple stakeholders, etc.
Certification - Our associates can help you develop your skills to prepare for certification, ready to be assessed in a supportive environment
What mentoring includes:
- Competency Assessment - At the beginning and end of the program we review your self assessment for the IAF facilitator certification competencies and help you set goals and plan for continued improvement in all areas where you would like to improve.
- Monthly Mentoring Calls - We talk on the phone, online (Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, WeChat) or in person to review your progress toward your stated goals. We also offer coaching to help you design particular events for your clients.
- Observation and Feedback - Our associates can observe one of your facilitated events (send us a video recording) and provide affirming and helpful feedback on what you are doing well and how you can continue to improve as a facilitator and/or prepare for certification.
Interested in certification?
Our Associates can help you think about how to prepare for certification. Please click here for more information about the certification programs.
Contact an Associate
Let's get a mentor and coaching session that's right for you.
Lyn Wong, Singapore
Eileen Pippins, USA