Nervous Before the Big Gig? Five Ways to DeStress
Feeling stressed about anything at all but especially before you start a gig or facilitated event?
Take JUST five minutes of your time today — Here are my five “fav” destress before the big “gig” techniques demonstrated in this short video. Each one takes two minutes or less. Result: You are grounded, feeling present, able to process more things simultaneously and less likely to be triggered by unhelpful group or participant behavior. Some of these techniques can be done throughout your facilitated sessions if you find yourself unnerved, frustrated, unconfident or even panicked! (Believe me, I have been panicked a few times!) So, here’s “a toast to destressing for success in 2015”. Let’s cultivate the happy, calm and peaceful-like stance of these gigantic tortoises near Haiku, Maui near our son’s place. Did I mention he is an amazing chef? Happy New Year!
Here is what we cover in the video:
- Heart Brain Coherance technique to boost your ability to focus and think clearly
- Count to Five Breathing technique to settle frazzled nerves
- Silk Worm Roll technique to eases out muscular tension in back and neck and boost your energy
- Loving Kindness Metta meditation or All is Well Affiirmation to increase confidence
- Elemental Visualization to ease body soreness and project credibility
Leave a Comment