The Power of Self Reflection
This month’s blog is super short. Let me share with you what our gifts to you are this month. I had the honour of presenting to IAF Indonesia Chapter. Lidia Rusvita, (she just completed her Endorsed Facilitator IAF designation – congratulations Lidia!) took the lead on this and is a member of our Gold Academy cohort as well. Our gifts are two fold:
- The Zoom recording of the main session
- The PPT slide deck we used including participant feedback
This is what Lydia about the session after we finished:
It was a very insightful session and rewarding process together we:
- did a guided visualization exercise to imagine a different and better future for ourselves and our community and the world.
- experienced a creative, intuitive thinking and use of imagery (parts of the PATH process) that increases the power of self-facilitation.
- spent a little time on a Grove Compass workbook that helps you assess how you spend your time and rethink how you might wish to spend your time
- started the thinking process in the 2 hour-session; we were encouraged to further this self-reflection work after the session to continue the process.
There were 10 co-facilitators from Indonesia and about a dozen participants from India and Indonesia. A lot more had signed up but it was early in the morning so many did not attend – we missed you!
I wanted to share the product with more people so we have included some of the products here. We spent two hours going through 3 self-reflection tools that I use. The first two I use with both myself and clients and the last one is more helpful as a personal reflection. That tool is called cross section and is a great thing to do at this new year time.
I think you’ll enjoy the guided visualization near the beginning of the video and you can also read the entire chapter that this presentation is based on in one of the links I provide below.
Have a good start to 2023 and let me know if you get to use some of these self-reflection tools and what your results are.
Here is the link to the video recording.
Here is the link to the PowerPoint slides – view/download only. Right now it’s a Google Slide deck but if you need the actual PPT, just email us: email@example.com.
Here is the link to the IAF book and my chapter starts on page 98.
You might want to check out our Power of Facilitation website as well. About – #FacPower
Leave a Comment